Information for visitors
Visitors policy during Alert Level 2
Last updated on 8 September 2021
The following rules apply to visitors to MidCentral DHB facilities, including Palmerston North Hospital and Horowhenua Health Centre:
- Patients can have a support person from the same bubble with them at all times under the Mahi Tahi programme.
- Patients may have two visitors between the hours of 10am and 8pm. If visitors are from the same bubble they can visit together otherwise only one visitor at a time is permitted.
- No visitors under the age of 16 are permitted.
- A birthing mother is allowed one support person during labour and her postnatal stay.
- Outpatients can have one support person accompany them to their clinic appointment, if required. Ideally, visitors and support people should be from the patient’s bubble.
Visitors are asked to:
- Sign in using the tracer app or log books at ward and clinic entrances.
- Wear a mask
- Sanitise their hands
- Maintain physical distancing of 2 metres