Wellbeing and mental health
Helplines and mental health services
It’s OK to reach out for help – never hesitate if you are concerned about yourself or someone else.
- Free mental health and addiction support services: call or text 1737, or visit the 1737 website
- Healthline: phone 0800 611 116
- Depression Helpline: phone 0800 111 757 or text 4202
- Mental Health Crisis Team: phone 0800 653 357
- Alcohol & Drug Helpline: phone 0800 787 797 or text 8681
- Safe to talk: Sexual harm helpline: phone 0800 044 334 or text 4334
- Gambling Helpline: phone 0800 654 655 or text 8006
- Quitline: phone 0800 778 778 or text 4006
- OUTline: phone 0800 688 5463
- Youthline: phone 0800 376 633
- Oranga Tamariki: phone 0508 326 45
Download a directory of helplines and local mental health service contact details
Looking after your mental wellbeing
Find more information about looking after your mental wellbeing on the national COVID-19 website or one of the pages linked below.
Visit the national COVID-19 webpage about looking after your mental wellbeing
Health and Wellbeing apps
Compiled by Sarah Gillington, Consumer Advisor for Mental Health and Addiction Services, the following resource lists useful apps for promoting health and wellbeing.
Download the Health and Wellness Apps resource (PDF, 731 KB, 20 pages)
MDHB wellness planning tools
Download the following wellness planning tools compiled by MidCentral District Health Board: